Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tick Tock in Kuta-After Bromo, Prambanan and Borobodur





Holly wowness friends and peekers. I'm nearing the end of an epic journey. If you enjoyed this blog, you should know that I'm not done yet. and I'll probably continue to post at this site for my future travels. Still, I have one last day in Indonesia and 3 days, 2 nights in Hong Kong. I'm thinking that for my next trip- If I have a few months available, I'm going to India and if I only have a month, I want to do Viet Nam and Laos.. But If you're like me, I'm certainly open to suggestions. Here's what I've been up to the last week or so.

Shit, It seems like I have been travelling hard these last few days! Since leaving Toba busing and flying all that day then arriving in Jakarta only to realize that I couldn't hang in the contrast of my previous tranquil surroundings vs the most amazingly chaotic city i've been in then busing again after finding out that the train had been oversold and that my ticket wasn't valid and busing it 15 hrs to Jogjakarta, Hitting Jogja hard and visit temples on tours, drinking in alleyways at 3 am the night before with new friends and then busing it to Bromo all the next day to wake up again for another sunrise tour of some of the most magnificent scenery I've ever witnessed then immediately busing it again all day to catch a ferry to Denpasar, Bali then taking a cab with some new friends to Kuta where I walked the streets at night with my backpack in search of accommodation. Success. (that's alot of "ands"I'm here now road weary yet somehow supercharged and excited to see Hong Kong. Still, buses can give you an unparalleled sense of filth that is in so many ways dehumanising. I think a long, very long shower followed by a massage is going to be my remedy! Cha ching!

Indonesia, you have been so kind, welcoming and good to me. You've opened my eyes to appreciate your beauty and diverse culture. Thank you for sharing with me The shores of Bali, The monstrous Komodo Dragon, the intriguing nature of the orangutan, the peace and tranquility of Toba, the sand and serenity of Gilly islands, the mayhem of Jakarta, the temples of Jogjakarta, the magnificent sights and scenery of Bromo and The heart of the jungle. I could go on and on. Terima Akasi!

I'm uploading some photos to facebook, here's a few here to give you a taste of what's over there. You should also know that I can't tell the quality of my pictures at the moment the screen I'm using has a double view and is quite blurry. I hope that I'm uploading the good ones. Either way, I have only uploaded a fraction of my favorite pictures to facebook. I have hundreds to go through when I get home in a few days and look forward to sharing them with you after I crop them and possibly adjust the levels.

1 comment:

  1. I love the volcano picture. It's well rounded and full of all those dreamy layers. Thanks for sharing!
    -M-

    ReplyDelete