Saturday, June 6, 2009

Post whoring cobra blood drinkin horse meat eating..











Fucker!

I have to say that writing this blog offers a refreshing escape from the 90 degree humid weather here. Forget the sauna, I duck into shops and internet cafe's to stay alive. This is a living sauna. I feel sticky!

It's late afternoon here now and have gathered my thoughts. This morning I probably wasn't so positive about Kuta and even said something about it being like an Aussie Cancun. It's not really. I bucked up and hiked around the city for a little while and changed my mind. Sure, there are hawkers and cheap merchandise stalls every ten feet and people who want something from you every where you look on the surface but the color of indonesia changes once you adjust your eyes and look a little deeper- Like water. I'm not really a buyer. I have everything I need and want inside of me and everything else isn't hard to find.. We know that you can't take merchandise with you into death but you might be able to take memories. That's really what I'm shopping for.


There's an amazing culture here aside from historical head hunts, natural disaster, political instability, guerilla warfare, disease, poor sanitation and kidnapping. (mom, you know I'm kidding right?- for everybody else I'm pretty serious)




I'm hoping to learn what makes these people tick. There are so many islands here, so many different faces, so many interests, so much raw and personal beauty, There's so much culture! I want to experience it and in the future I hope to describe it better than I'm doing right now because I'm a little buzzed on Cobra blood and a little vodka.

I'm going to keep this quick though because I have to meet some friends soon and am just killing time. Today I had the most awesome experience that some of you in your right minds will nodoubtedly be offended or disgusted by and if you're a girl, you might never even think about kissing me.

I drank fresh Cobra blood. Not straight from the neck, in a tea cup mixed with gallbladder juices.
I feel a little bad because the Cobra died in front of me and his blood was in my belly in less than 5 but I don't regret it. Not sure I'll do it again. It tasted a little like nothing I ever tasted before but the aftertaste was something like rotten licorice. (if licorice could rot)

Afterwards with my curiosity encouraged, I ate some horse meat kabobs.. (Sorry Karen, It's a local fave)

Tomorrow is going to be a day of pictures and exploration via motorbike and my pal Abdul Harris.

Most of you are on Facebook and can see the rest of the photo's there

No comments:

Post a Comment