Tuesday, June 23, 2009

About Toba

Lastly, I have nothing to do today but meet some people later on.

I've arrived at Lake Toba. This is a really mellow place. I'm not sure how long I'm going to stay here because the end of my journey is approaching at light speed. In contrast to the people North of here, The Butok people of the Toba area are christian. It's a good thing too! Not even two hundred years ago they were eating their enemies and criminals. Ruins of that society and recorded history remains. Yesterday, I visited the old village where criminals were tried and beheaded before being eaten. Erie! An interesting note- before being killed and eaten, the dinner guests were tortured and marinaded with onion, lime, salt and garlic.

I have to run, It is actually time for lunch.

Mom, wouldn't it be strange if I fell in love with a girl who's ancestors were cannibals? I met one last night! She can hula hoop, dance to hip hop and carry a beer on her head all at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment