Friday, June 5, 2009

Breakfast thoughts

I've arrived in what seems to be Australian Cancun. I'm going to hang for one night here and roll down the road to Ubud which is supposed to be a little more "natural". Still, Living down that Cancun first impression is going to be a tough one. I'll keep you posted. I wrote a little poem at breakfast that I'll share with you.

Mind soup of mixed flavors in my eyes bowl.
I can never say that I've seen it all
and never will.
This infinite appetite will never be satisfied.
I know that I'll never be full.
The road ahead will only Bend
Like The cultures of tastes mixing at borders
lost on a map somewhere,
I digest.

I had to stop there before sounding too cliche.

Here's a link to some really cool poetry that my friend Peter Munro wrote. He spent some time with me and the crew of the Longliner I work on in the bering sea as a research scientist. I hope you guys enjoy.

http://www.bpj.org/index/bpj_current.html This is the link to the current issue of the Beloit poetry journal. Scroll down to Peter Munro and read "Bleeding Cod" first. It's my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment