Sunday, June 14, 2009

There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder..

Stay tuned! I'll be back in a few days with exciting stories. You're not going to get much from me in the here and now. I have atm about three weeks of travel to look forward to. Soon to come will be a journey to the rim of atleast one active volcano,The serene views of Lake Toba in Sumatra, Possibly some views our our Orange cousins, the Orangutans in the same area, A quick survey of Jakarta ,the heartbeat of Indonesia also place spurred with civil unrest, a visit to a viewing of a giant Buddha statue and all the unexpected tests and challenges and maybe even the struggles of travel in between. Then, Let's not forget a two day visit to Hong Kong before I fly in to Bend over the fireworks on the 4th of July.

I should also say that, at the moment, I feel a complete peace in my soul. The inescapable sounds of rolling ocean waves and trance like Indonesian music charmed with the friendliest of people in a place where the only machines are hidden generators to run air conditioners, blenders and disco lights that sparkle on sandy roads have all brought me to the most relaxed state of mind. I know that you know the feeling, the one where it's Sunday morning and you don't have to get up to do anything for hours and the temperature is just right and it's so peaceful that you accept the cozy feeling of your comforter and pillows and just enjoy doing nothing but enjoy being without a care in the world. That feeling is priceless. I have to be honest here, I almost never experience that feeling, It's go go go go go- Do something, always or else I feel like shit about myself and wasting time and life. So here and now, I'm enjoying this place and brewing excitement for the next leg of my journey through the amazing place that is Indonesia.

We'll return in a moment to our regularly scheduled program.

No comments:

Post a Comment