Monday, December 7, 2009

pdx preflight

Sitting at the Portland airport.

Here begins another epic journey for me. INDIA.. The name evokes mystery, intrigue, charm, grace, culture, amazing colors, historical struggles, Modern boom towns, poverty, chaos and of course Beauty! Sparing any speculation of what I expect to see and hope to find I think that I’m just going to say how excited I am and how fortunate I feel to be visiting this country. Seriously! Doesn’t the name INDIA just send chills down your spine? It does to me. My mind is a cocktail of swirling thoughts, sparkling dreams, adventurous aspirations and gentle appreciation for the world I’m about to visit. I can only compare what I feel right now to my first pre African anticipation. I was afraid but charged with adventure and a passion for life that I apparently still haven’t lost. Consequently, Every time I visited Africa I was so overwhelmed that I always told myself after a week or two “ Self, This place is FUCKED UP, It’’s so crazy here. I just want to survive, experience and go home. I’m never coming back!” Then after a week or so of being home I thought to myself “Self, Africa was so fucked up but so utterly amazingly different than anything I ever experienced before that I have to go back, I feel changed inside, I need it” I still want Africa. That love affair is what I hope for now with INDIA.

I’m going to see the Taj Ma hall! I’m going to take pictures of Tigers in the wild! Can you believe that? I’ve wanted to see Tigers in the wild as long as I can remember! I’m going to witness first hand the virtues and rituals of this religious nation, It’s monuments, culture and spirituality and loose myself in the bustling crowded perhaps even horrific streets of Delhi.. If in two weeks I can do more I will but I’m not going to push it.. I’m looking forward to coming back here.. This is only a test;) and I’m going to do it right.

Ahead of me is such a huge flight that I dread even thinking about it. I’m not sure why. . But, I’m at PDX right now and my ticket to Delhi is through Amsterdam.. I’m not going to arrive in India until 11pm the 8th- I’m leaving here at 1230 pm the 7th Atleast a solid day of flying! Yeah, You can say ugh for me. I wont remember, I have sleeping pills and vodka!

That’s it for me here at pdx… Next stop will be The green city of Amsterdam.. Wish I had a layover

1 comment:

  1. Sarah E. Minor/AndersonDecember 7, 2009 at 9:43 PM

    I'm so excited for you! The colors will stir and break your heart I'm sure..and that is only the tip of that hot-berg. ;)

    ReplyDelete