Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hong Kong airport

I'm here in the Hong Kong international airport after a 15 hour flight. I think Hong Kong is something like an additional 14 hours ahead of pacific time which puts me at 723 pm the 26th. I stepped off my plane a little groggy after sleeping the entire flight meaning that my plan of staying up for nearly two days prior to departure was a success. It's humid here and alot of the people are wearing swine flu masks. I bet that somewhere in the world drywallers and woodworkers are laughing. I was a little dissapointed that the entire flight crew on my plane also wore masks because I couldn't liken them to the twisted version of that Robert Palmer song "simply irresistable" that sometimes plays in my head when I fly to asian countries (remember the video?)... Now don't get me wrong.. It's true that I do find them somewhat attractive- I'm just more so impressed with how they all seem to look the same like one might expect from flight attendants in the Us 20 or thirty years ago.

Flying in to Hong kong was mystical. Clouds bubbled and rolled accross the sky over top of islands, masses of cargo ships and sea lit well enough by streaks of evening sun and speckled by cloud shade. Our landing approach took us directly over head of rows of huge towers and buildings. My respect for this culture has been immediately sparked by the wonderous beauty of its surroundings. I'm looking forward to exploring Hong Kong near the end of this trip after Indonesia. My flight to Manilla is boarding soon.. I'm still a little sleepy, I've checked though.. I'm not dreaming.

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment